2 tbsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp coarse sea salt
2 tbsp olive oil
500 g pork fillet, trimmed
2 lemons, cut into wedges, to serve
1. Mix the paprika, oregano, garlic and salt with the olive oil to make a thick paste.
2. Spread the paste evenly over the pork, cover and marinate in the fridge, ideally overnight.
3. Cut the meat into slices on the diagonal.
4. Heat a griddle or large heavy frying pan until very hot. Cook the pork for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
5. Serve at once with the lemon wedges.
One of my favourite ways to cook pork, especially for warm weather which I am suffering from now. I used pork loin steaks, and added the tomatoes and green peppers to the griddle pan to cook it.