We came back last night and I really wasn’t in the appetite to eat anything after all that crazy food in Singapore. Suddenly, I was overwhelmed by the need to eat something Thai and with glass noodles. And I wanted something simple enough for lunch yet tasty enough to jolt my jetlagged stomach.
3 sprigs of fresh cilantro
3 cloves chopped garlic
some lemon grass
some crushed ginger
3 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
some pepper corns
salt to taste
2 chicken drumsticks (or any other preferred parts of the chicken)
chinese cabbage – chopped
1. drizzle some oil into the pot and fry the chopped garlic until golden brown
2. add 2 bowls of water
3. add cilantro, lemon grass, ginger and pepper corns
4. bring to a simmer and add the chicken, cook for 30 min
5. remove chicken and shred into pieces
6. add seasonings and add chinese cabbage
7. when soft, add glass noodles, they cook very fast, so remove after a few minutes and serve.
8. Garnish with chicken and more chopped cilantro.
This is very heartwarming and delicious. too bad I forgot to buy chilli padi otherwise might be nice as an accompaniement
Jeff’s score: 8/10