2 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp coarse sea salt
2 tbsp Olive oil
500g Pork fillet, trimmed
2 Lemons, cut into wedges, to serve
1. Mix the paprika, oregano, garlic and salt with the olive oil to make a thick paste.
2. Spread the paste evenly over the pork, cover and marinate in the fridge, ideally overnight.
3. Cut the meat into slices on the diagonal.
4. Heat a griddle or large heavy frying pan until very hot. Cook the pork for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
5. Serve at once with the lemon wedges
This is a Spanish dish, and one of the simplest pork dishes you can possibly cook. All you need to do is marinate the pork a few hours in advance and cook it. Done. I think it’s also an excellent marinate for BBQs although I haven’t actually tried it.
Oh and my improvisation on this recipe is adding lime juice (3 tsp) to the juices in the pan, mix well and use it as a salad dressing. You might need to add a bit more salt to taste.